- Login Profiles (Preferences)
- Support a list of login profiles.
- Support RSH based connections.
- Allow empty passwords.
- "Test Login" button.
- "Connection" dialog renamed to "Login Profiles".
- Throughput limit option. When using MacCVSClient with F-Secure
SSH over a modem dialup connection, MacCVSClient would tend to
flood SSH with data which resulted in dropped SSH connections. You
now can tell MacCVSClient to not send faster than you expect the
SSH connection to be. Be aware that the SSH - MacCVSClient
combination seems to work unreliable in some cases. USE SSH SUPPORT
WITH CAUTION! Try it first before you rely on it.
- If login fails, show CVSROOT as well as server name in alert
- Ignore Files (Preferences)
- Ignore files in "CVS Add" and "CVS Import" operations.
- Ignore files in module window (this acts like a ".cvsignore"
file in the user's HOME on UNIX systems).
- Drag-drop to reorder items.
- Drag-drop files onto the ignore pattern list. This way,
type/creator combinations can be added to the list very easily
without the need of finding out the exact values with special
- Import/Export file format translators (Preferences)
- Import file translation list. These are used to assign
appropriate storage formats and keyword substitution options.
MacCVSClient uses these lists in "CVS Add" and "CVS Import"
operations if keyword substitution and storage format are set to
- Drag-drop to reorder items in export and import file
- Drag-drop files onto the import and export file translation
lists. This way, type/creator combinations can be added to the list
very easily without the need of finding out the exact values with
- Module window
- Icon data in module windows is stored in a pool now. Saves lots
- When switching on filtering, make sure the module list is not
scrolled beyond the visible frame.
- Speed up module view rebuild after most CVS operations. This
should make a difference especially in big modules.
- FIX: folders unknown to CVS are now labelled "Unknown Folder"
and don't have a expansion triangle anymore.
- FIX: properly update module view after "check conflict",
"forget diff/conflict" and friends. (uncritical)
- FIX: after a folder has been added, show its contents in the
module window immediately. (uncritical)
- FIX: after creating -work and -repo files in conflict
situations, show them in the module window immediately.
- FIX: when "File Filtering" in the module window was on,
sometimes a folder would not be displayed as "Partial Folder" even,
if some files were filtered. (uncritical)
- CVS option "-n" for selected commands (update, checkout,
- "CVS/Log" now has a "Skip Empty Logs" option (on by default).
This is used to store log entries only for files that have at least
one "selected revision". That way, the (R) marker in the module
window really tells you that there is at least one log entry for
the file in question.
- "CVS/List Modules" command (cvs checkout -c); this is only
active, if the frontmost window is no module window.
- CVS add and import dialogs now have "Test" buttons so the user
can check what import storage format and keyword substitution
options would be mapped to the added/imported files.
- Full context diff works now even when diffing two arbitrary
- Test button on "CVS/Add" and "CVS/Import" dialogs to check
keyword substitution and storage format settings for the files that
would be added/imported.
- The function of the OPTION key is now inverted: if it is held
down, the optional parameter dialog for CVS commands is not
displayed. If it is not held down, CVS option dialogs are shown.
Many users were not aware of the OPTION key functionality and were
missing this facility to run parametrized CVS commands. This new
arrangement should help here.
- If a Log, Diff, or Conflict window is the frontmost window, a
CVS command will be applied to the file the window belongs to and
not to the current selection in the module window.
- A folder can now be opened by dropping it onto the application
icon. If a file is dropped onto the application icon, its parent
folder will be opened.
- Fixed the application's icon.
- Reorganized menu contents.
- Use "Is-modified" request to minimize amount of data sent to
the server in case of "CVS Log" operation.
- Show more accurate error message in case of OT errors -3170,
-3180. They are most often: host not found and port not active,
respectively. Exception handling in general now much more user
- Window headers in Console window and Module window don't
flicker anymore when they're updated.
- "Comment Window" is now called "Scratch Pad".
- "File/Quit" will warn the user if a CVS operation is running on
an open module window. To really quit, the CVS operation needs to
be aborted first.
- "File/Forget" renamed to "File/Discard".
- "CVS/Abort" works already while MacCVSClient is sending data to
the CVS server. If an operation is aborted, a warning is displayed
in the console window.
- In add, import, and commit dialogs make the text input box the
default input so the user can type right away without having to
click into the box first.
- FIX: some error alert boxes had OK and Cancel buttons even
though there was no way to Cancel. Removed Cancel button.
- FIX: sometimes the password dialog would have an assertion
popping up. (uncritical)
- FIX: in case the connection to the server could not be
established, don't try to close it! (uncritical)
- Cleaned up non AM controls.
- PowerPlant 2.0; PowerPlant 1.9.3 thread timer patch.